Sunday, September 28, 2014

Book Worm Ivy

This image was too adorable for me to pass up (aren't they all?).  Well, this one was extra special.  I noticed that I colored her to look a lot like my Darling Daughter who's away at school ... with the exception of the glasses, DD doesn't need them, not yet, anyway.

This image is from Saturated Canary and she's called Ivy.  I don't know how artists like Krista Smith come up with all their wonderful, fabulous, stunning art work - but I'm glad they do, for I get to color them in and make beautiful cards, so thank you very much!

She was colored with Copics, but it was last week, and I either tossed the color notes or ... well, lets just say I tossed the color notes and leave it ... I tried using the colorless blender to take off the color on the dots, and while it looked pretty cool, I was looking for more of a contrast, especially given that the designer paper I used had white dots on them ... SO, I used my Gelli Roll to dot her shirt.  I also added some Crystal Effects for her eyeglasses. 

The designer paper is from Bearly Mine Designs, but they're not in any of the packages, I think I picked it up before it was retired.  Even so, there's other lovely papers that Donna's created that I'm sure you'll love, even if you can't find these.  The cardstock is from Stampin' Up, and it's the Elegant Eggplant and old Lavender Lace.
Here's something similar, Just Plaid, that you might like.

I finished it off with a tiny strip of crocheted lace, some lavender grosgrain ribbon and a set of tri colored paper roses ... Again, going closer to clean and simple rather than ornate and grand, but that's how I roll ...

I'm submitting this to the challenge over at Deep Ocean which is "To use at lease One flower"
Also, I'm posting in Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes challenge
and Crafting With Dragonflies - Anything Goes challenge

Hope you like it ... Let me know what you think.
Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

its very beautiful Collette,
Gr Karin

Susan Hogan said...

Love the colours and Ivy is great. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.