Saturday, September 13, 2014

Kit n Clowder Party Weekend

This weekend, Alyce at Kit and Clowder is celebrating 4000+ members by throwing a virtual party.

This morning, some of the goodies provided were a couple of free digital images. 

This first one is from Polka Doodles is an adorable bear.  Sadly, one of Alyce's good friends and someone you all may know out there in the Copic coloring world ,Amanda Reed, passed unexpectedly.  This digitial image is being given away free for any donation given through the You Caring fundraiser set up by Alyce to help raise money for Amanda's family.  For more information regarding this, please click In Memory of Amanda Reed, and you will find the appropriate links.  I did not know Amanda personally, but I understand she was on several design teams including the Kit and Clowder team, Mo's Digital Pencil Too team and a few others over the years, so some of you visiting may be aware of her. 
 
Copics Used:
Bear:  E37,35,33,31, 43,42,41
Cat:  N5,3,1
Heart: R27,35,22,21
 
I colored this image with Copics and used some wonderful digital paper from Bearly Mine Designs (that's typed paper with the floral already on the page).  I love the papers Donna's designed, and I love any kind of script or typed background paper.  I used SU's garden green and melon mambo to layer the panels.  Also added were some pretty white cotton lace, a Martha Steward doily and some paper flowers I got from Paper Temptress.  See people, I'm trying to go for more embellishments - it's a slow process, and you know what they say, "slow and steady wins the race".
 
After I colored just the bear's fur, I used a scrap of terrycloth and some Copic blender solution to give the fur that texture you see, then I proceeded to color the rest.  I actually think this turned out pretty darned cute.
 
For this second card, Sugar Nellies donated this cute image of a fairy decorating a cupcake.  Click on Kit and Clowder's Facebook link again and the pinned post will tell you how you, too, can get this image.  Simply go to the Sugar Nellie's Facebook page, become a member, and you'll get the digital image, but just for this weekend.  I heard a rumor that Sugar Nellies is going to be making many of their rubber images into digital images (YAY!).  I love me some rubber, but I have to say, when it comes to stamps from the United Kingdom, I just have no patience ... I need my images now!

This little darling was also colored with Copics (you're shocked, I know).
 
Copics Used:
Skin: E04,11,21,00,000,R20
Cupcake: Y31,Yr24,21,00, RV95,93,91, R29,35,22
Hair: E35,31, Y32,11, YR31
Clothes: RV14,13,10
Wings: BG15,11,10,000, V000
 
Again, I used SU's cardstock, Eggplant and Melon Mambo to layer some more beautiful Bearly Mine Design paper - this is a purple-y diagonal plaid and light floral.
 
I added some pleated lace at the bottom of the image panel and a pretty polka dot ribbon tied in a bow to finish it off ...
 
Hope you enjoyed them ... Head over to Bearly Mine, Kit and Clowder's Facebook page, Sugar Nellies and Polka Doodles and check them out.
 
Have a great day!
Thanks again for stopping by!

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are beautiful card Collette.
Gr Karin

Dawn said...

Such a beautiful card hon x