Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Penny's New Do

Okay, who else is a Big Bang Theory fan?  Just saw this week's season premiere and absolutely loved Penny's new hairdo.  Its about time for her character to evolve, even if they keep her on the naïve about life side.  I don't know the story behind Krista Smith's creation of this digital image from Saturated Canary, appropriately titled "Penny", but after seeing BBT this week, I KNEW I wanted to color this up in homage to that dingbat, Penny, that we know and love.


I used Copics to color Penny (see list below)
 
I layered the front of the card with Stampin Up's Garden Green and Certainly Celery cardstocks.  That lacey edged designer paper is from Bearly Mine Designs' Paper Lace set - the four sides has lace in the paper.   I just love it!

I added a strip of lace I got from a local bridal store, some SU celery ribbon and a flourish die with pearls dotted here and there.

Copics used:
     Skin:  E04,11,21,00,000,R20         
     Hair:  E35,33,31,Y23
     Dress:  YG67,17,13,11
 
I loved making this card, and think that pixie haircut is the cutest ever.  Wish I had the courage to go that short.

Submitting to the following challenges:
     Bunny Zoe's Crafts - September=Lace
     Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes
     Crafty Cardmakers & More - Ribbons/Lace & Pearls
     Whimsy Stamps - Monochromatic Colors - check
    
     Thanks for stopping by - hope you all have a fabulous day! 

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

so beautiful and elegant Collette,
Gr Karin

Alana taylor said...

Fantastic card thank you for joining crafting from the heart challenge, good luck. Alana DT member

Josephine said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Fabulous colouring and I love the lace.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

J said...

What a lovely card, beautifully coloured! Thank you for joining in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers & more...

Jackie